Chaser was released August 30, 2003 by JoWood. The game was developed by Cauldron. Chaser is a first person shooter.
This game uses disc checks and Securom, Macromedia, Starforce, Tagès and other protection systems are being rejected by Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 for security reasons (KB3086255).
If you have watched the popular Schwarzenegger film, Total Recall (1990) then you can see the inspiration right away.
Chaser is a bit different from other shooters of the period by providing actual projectile animation. This is not super demanding however rigs in 2003 were still generally underpowered for games.
Mars, 2044. John Chaser, the game’s main character, awakens on board the spaceship H.M.S. Majestic. He does not know who he is, what he’s doing there, why he is being sought by men in black uniforms and what they will do to him when they find him.
The player’s goal in the game is to find out who Chaser really is and why he is being hunted. The story leads the player from the H.M.S. Majestic to the fictional Montack City on Earth, then on to Siberia, and finally to Mars, where the trail ends and hopefully the truth can be found. Featuring a story full of betrayal and false loyalties, Chaser presents not only a complex storyline, but also a vivid and realistic setting set into a possible future.
Everywhere you will watch over violent, perfectly trained enemies to deal with that sometimes will not be easy. Especially exciting atmosphere in the game create a well designed levels and short memories, sometimes appearing in the mind of Chaser.
Thanks to them, you will learn the story of the protagonist, will be able to understand the developments and, in the end, decide on who is really good and who is – bad. In addition to the swirling single mode, there are several multiplayer: Classic DeathMatch, Team DeathMatch, Capture the Flag, and others, for example, Shock Troops – analogue of Counter-Strike.
This game’s campaign is longer than many more recent titles, it can take 15-20 hours to make your way through, more on the hardest settings.
- Gripping story with lots of twists and turns, unusual events and incidents
- A large number of cinematics that introduce you to the history of the main character
- Large highly detailed levels, the effect of which occurs in both open and closed spaces
- More than twenty types of weapons: pistols, submachine guns, machine guns, grenade launchers, explosives, etc.
- Variety of stunning special effects: skeletal animation, realistic lighting effects, dynamic change skins
- Fun gameplay in the style of the best hits the FPS genre
- Advanced AI, allowing opponents to make intricate movement, correctly interact with each other and the objects on the levels
- Multiplayer modes: DeathMacth, Team DeathMatch, Capture the Flag, and others.The number of players is limited only by bandwidth server
- Flexible configuration options for specific games on your PC
|Operating System||Windows 98 or better|
|CPU||Pentium III 650 or better|
|Memory||128 MB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||1.35 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT|
AMD x1800 XL
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|