Doom 3 was released August 3, 2004 by Bethesda. The game was developed by idSoftware. Doom 3 is a first person shooter. The game can also be described as an atmospheric horror shooter.
Compared to Doom and Doom 2, Doom 3 is more story-themed design and game play. At the start of the game, conflict is shown when a UAC board representative goes to Mars to investigate the complaints from workers.
The ruins of an ancient Martian civilization have unlocked the secrets to teleportation, and the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation) will stop at nothing to harness this world-altering technology. When he meets with Dr. Malcolm Betruger who offers to “show” them. Then after that meeting all hell breaks loose as the teleportation device is activated.
Now, in an epic clash against pure evil, you must fight to understand who is with you, who is against you, and what must be done to stop this nightmare from reaching earth. As part of a marine detachment sent to protect the facility, your duty seemed simple enough… until the invasion. Your job as damage has just been activated.
The player also has access to a PDA-style journal, which updates with messages as data is found and whenever a deal technician is found. It also includes detailed information on the monsters and weapons encountered. Its a good idea to hunt around the entire area to find all of the PDAs so that you have all of the hints in the game. Take time to read the emails etc as locker codes etc are present.
Doom 3 is a bit of a departure from the first 2 releases, the game is more linear and monsters attack from the front and rear. Locker codes take the place from the keys and buttons found in Doom and Doom 2. The hallways give Doom 3 the same corridor shooter action like Doom and Doom 2, but there are some open areas.
Key mapping options in-game:
- Machine Gun
- Heavy Machine Gun
- Plasma Gun
- Mars City Hangar – mars_city1
- Mars City Underground – mc_underground
- Mars City – mars_city2
- UAC Administration – admin
- Alpha Labs Sector 1 – alphalabs1
- Alpha Labs Sector 2 – alphalabs2
- Alpha Labs Sector 3 – alphalabs3
- Alpha Labs Sector 4 – alphalabs4
- EnPro Plant – enpro
- Communications Transfer – commoutside
- Communications – comm1
- Recycling Sector 1 – recycling1
- Recycling Sector 2 – recycling2
- Monorail – monorail
- Delta Labs Sector 1 – delta1
- Delta Labs Sector 2a – delta2a
- Delta Labs Sector 2b – delta2b
- Delta Labs Sector 3 – delta3
- Delta Labs Sector 4 – delta4
- Hell – hell1
- Delta Labs Sector 5 – delta5
- Central Processing – cpu
- Central Server Banks – cpuboss
- Site 3 – site3
- Caverns Area 1 – caverns1
- Caverns Area 2 – caverns2
- Primary Excavation Site – hellhole
See this post for all the locker and access codes.
The campaign takes a good 25-40 hours to get through it all.
|Operating System||Windows 2000 or better|
|CPU||Penium IV or better|
|Memory||384 MB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||2.2 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||NVIDIA GeForce 3 or better|
AMD 8500 or better
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|