Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena was released March 24, 2009 by Atari. The game was developed by Starbreeze AB in association with Tigon Studios. Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is a first person shooter.
The game uses the Tagès DRM, a new driver is needed for Windows 10. Windows will flag the version with the game as incompatible but this can be ignored.
The game is a sequel to The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, which has been remade and has been included along with the Assault on Dark Athena campaign. We recommend playing Escape from Butcher Bay first so that the story makes more sense. The game draws a lot from the original Pitch Black film as well as the sequel.
In Escape from Butcher Bay, the player takes the role of Richard B. Riddick and attempts to break out of Butcher Bay prison. The game incorporates elements from video game genres such as first-person shooter, adventure and stealth, and is played primarily from a first-person perspective, though the camera switches to a third-person perspective during certain scenes.
Most shooters show the weapon being pointed forward, but Riddick uses on the clues such as the type of fire to determine the weapon in use.
Health can be replenished in designated areas throughout the game. By finding cigarette packs hidden in the levels, the player can unlock concept art and video files.
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena picks up where Escape from Butcher Bay left off. Richard B. Riddick continues his roles as a dangerous space criminal who can see in the dark.
Johns, the man who originally transported Riddick to the Butcher Bay prison for a bounty, helped him escape to avoid becoming a prisoner himself.
In flight away from the prison, Riddick and Johns’ vessel is drawn into the clutches of a mercenary ship called the Dark Athena.
Johns is taken captive while Riddick manages to awake from cryo-sleep and evade capture.
With mercenaries in pursuit of the bounty on Riddick’s head, Riddick must do what he does best – kill those who get in his way and escape.
- Go deeper into the compelling science fiction universe depicted in the films The Chronicles of Riddick and Pitch Black
- Assume the role of the enigmatic antihero Riddick, played in the films by Vin Diesel, as you attempt to overcome the crew of the Merc-ship Dark Athena
- Employ multiple forms of combat, including both ranged and melee, complete with counterattacks and stealth kills
- Shoot your way through Riddick’s world, depicted with Hollywood-quality cinematic intensity
- Share the horror with friends in new multiplayer and online options, available for the first time in the Riddick franchise
- Experience the excitement of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, now remastered and included as a bonus