Error code 0X00000001 occurs when you try to install, update, or launch an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 device, you’re redirected to the Microsoft Store page for Gaming Services. When you try to install or update Gaming Services, you see the following error code and message:
This STOP error can occur during startup or at other times. The 8 digit hexadecimal number 0x00000001 translates to the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH which may be caused by the following:
- A kernel-level application or device driver running in kernel mode created a mismatch of thread and asynchronous procedure calls (APC) indexes. This is probably due to a file system mismatch in the number of processes that entered the critical area compared to those that left. Allowing the software to run at this point will corrupt or damage the system.
- This could be due to newly added hardware or software issues.
- This error can pop up when a CD or DVD is inserted into the drive
- This error also happens when the computer uses the Windows Vista Aero color scheme.
- Sometimes, when we unlock the computer and login to the default desktop this STOP error shows up.
- This STOP error sometimes occurs after the computer transitions into to sleep mode repeatedly (by customer usage).
- This problem can also happen in a secure desktop environment (when we lock the computer) where an application has registered an “event hook” using an Application Programming Interface
- Problems in the Windows system file win32k.sys can trigger this STOP error.
- Memory corruption can also create these conditions.
- Too much RAM (> 2GB) may exceed motherboard and BIOS capabilities and create this STOP Error.
Using the 64-bit version of Windows has better memory management.