Nuclear Dawn was released February 25, 2011 by Iceburb Interactive. The game was developed by InterWave Studios and GameConnect . Nuclear Dawn is a first person shooter with RTS elements.
Nuclear Dawn is the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience, within a single gameplay model, without crippling or diluting either side of the game. This game resembles Team Fortress 2 in some ways.
As a soldier, explore war-torn post-apocalyptic landscapes, modelled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armored, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons across ten distinct load-outs to accomplish your objectives. The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.
Then, take Nuclear Dawn above the action, and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads, and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment. Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist.
Research and implement new technologies to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with a full complement of defensive and offensive structures to choose from, to build your perfect fortress.
You will definitely want to use a headset with this game, this game needs it.
The commander has to learn to take care of the FPS troops on the ground to gain their trust and loyalty, so that they follow orders and steamroll the enemy according to their tactics. This is not Doom 3 BFG. This game tries to emphasize strategy more than most shooters.
- Two factions: The Empire and the Consortium have completely separate base-building paradigms.
- RTS commander: Produce structures, research advanced technologies, unleash devastating strikes on the enemy, and lead your team to victory as a RTS commander.
- Four classes: Each faction has four classes with various kit load outs, totalling over three dozen weapons.
- Squad up: Squad-based 32 player full warfare battle mode.
- Six maps: Travel across the largest, most detailed maps built in Source multiplayer to date.
- Advanced Weaponry: As a commander, judiciously dispense healing to your troops, and death to their enemies, by managing your advanced abilities.
- Stats and Unlocks: 60 ranks, 12 unlocks for each weapon, achievements, gizmos and more.
- SDK: Nuclear Dawn Software Development Kit will be available for the community to be able to create custom maps, etc.
- Source Powered: Based on the L4D2 engine and modified to bring you the ultimate online battle experience.
- Steam Powered: Available for both Mac and PC through Steamplay with Steam Cloud support.
The game features Steamworks with achievement and trading cards.
|Operating System||Windows XP or better|
|CPU||Intel® Core2 Duo 2.4 GHz or better|
|Memory||2 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||50 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT or better|
AMD Radeon™ HD 2900 or better
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|