Crysis 2 was released March 22, 2011 by Electronic Arts. The game was developed by Crytek Budapest. Crysis 2 is a first person shooter.
Crysis 2 is the 3rd of the Crysis series from EA. Crysis: Warhead is the previous release.
Crysis 2 takes place in 2023, three years after the events of the first game, in a destroyed New York City.
Crysis 2 is the sequel to one of the greatest PC first-person shooters yet created.
The series has a reputation for being demanding when running the game cranked up. This made it popular for video card reviews.
The entire world has been ravaged by a series of climatic disasters and society is on the verge of total breakdown. Now the aliens have returned, with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind, starting by trying to rip the heart out of Earth’s most iconic city.
A United States Marine Corps Force Recon unit is deployed into New York City by the submarine USS Nautilus to extract former Crynet employee Doctor Nathan Gould, who may have vital information on combating the alien race.
However, insertion goes awry – the Ceph, the alien race that is trying to destroy humanity, sinks the sub, and Force Recon Marine “Alcatraz” is left as the only apparent survivor.
The player continues to have the nanosuit and the abilities are the same as the rest of the series. Play is conventional and relatively linear like the other games.
The game developers stated that there is more “verticality” to Crysis 2 because of the skyscrapers throughout New York. This verticality can also be reached by some free movement abilities like climbing up ledges you can’t reach or sliding over the ground. The game has a tighter storyline, but still retains the sandbox-like nature encompassing a variety of gameplay styles.
The aliens seem to stand on two legs and resemble Predators. The aliens have powerful weapons and seem to have superhuman strength and agility. The hostile third faction seem to be humans wearing some type of armored biohazard suit.
- Crysis set the visual benchmark for PC games that still stands today. Crysis 2 redefines this benchmark, shifting their attention to the rich urban jungle of New York City.
- Challenging best-in-class AI with unique group coordination and group behavior systems which give realistic responses to your actions.
- Adapt your combat tactics by customizing your Nanosuit 2 and weapons in real time with revised modes, unlocking a variety of super soldier abilities.
- World-renowned multiplayer shooter studio Crytek UK reinvents multiplayer with the dynamic intensity of Nanosuit 2 in 12-player support online.
- By using Nanosuit technology the player has nearly unlimited ways to approach the dynamic combat environment.