Serious Sam 3: BFE was released on November 22, 2011 by Digital Revolver. The game was developed by Croteam. Serious Sam 3: BFE is a first-person action shooter, a glorious throwback to the golden age of first-person shooters where men were men, cover was for amateurs and pulling the trigger made things go boom.
Serious Sam 3: BFE is marketed as a prequel to the Serious Sam and Serious Sam 2.
Like previous titles in the series, Serious Sam 3: BFE involves fighting against many hordes of enemies in wide-open environments. However Serious Sam 3 has more closed environments than its predecessors, particularly in the early levels. There are also a larger number of enemies that can attack the player from a distance.
The player can carry an unlimited amount of weapons, including a minigun, rocket launcher, assault rifle and a cannon.
There are 13 weapons total. 5 of them have a manual reload. The signature close-combat weapons from the first game, the knife and chainsaw, have been replaced with a sledgehammer with three modes of attack (vertical strike, 180 turn and full 360 turn).
There is no regenerating health, instead there are health and armor power-ups scattered throughout the levels that the player must pick up. Additionally, the levels are full of secret areas, where health, armor, ammo and in some cases, weapons from later levels can be found, following the tradition of the previous games.
- Frantic Arcade-Style Action – Hold down the trigger and lay waste to a never-ending onslaught of attackers or face being overrun by Mental’s savage beasts. No cover systems, no camping – it’s just you against them. All of them!
- Fearsome Enemy Creatures – A new battalion of unforgettable minions including the rumbling Scrapjack and towering Khnum join the legendary Headless Kamikaze, Gnaar and Sirian Werebull to create the fiercest opposition you’ve ever had the pleasure of mowing down!
- Spectacular Environments – Battle across the expansive battlefields of near-future Egypt bursting at the seams with total chaos. The shattered cities of tomorrow lined with the crumbling temples of an ancient world become your destructible playground!
- Destructive Arsenal – Unleash Serious Sam’s arsenal of weapons including a scoped assault rifle, the double-barreled shotgun, the explosive automatic shotgun, the punishing minigun, and the almighty barrage of flaming cannonballs! Carry all of Sam’s weapons at once and switch between each gun on the fly for maximum firepower!
- Brutal Melee Attacks – When the going get’s tough, the tough take matters into their own hands! Rip out the eye of a closing Gnaar, twist off the face of the hideous Scrapjack or snap the neck of an Arachnoid Hatchling for an instant kill!
- Co-Op Multiplayer – Go to war against Mental’s horde with up to 16 players online and annihilate everything that moves across 12 single-player levels of mayhem in Standard Co-Op, Classic Co-Op, Coin-Op Co-Op, Beast Hunt and Team Beast Hunt mode.
- Survival Singleplayer & Multiplayer – Try to survive alone (offline) against wave after wave of enemies with specially created levels in Survival mode or have your online friends join two teams, fighting both each other and enemies, in the relentless Team Survival mode!
- Versus Multiplayer – Fight against each other or other teams in various multiplayer versus modes like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Last Man Standing, Last Team Standing, Instant Kill and My Burden, along with Team Beast Hunt and Team Survival!
- Split Screen Modes – Play local (offline) split screen co-op and multiplayer versus modes with up to four players on one screen! It even includes the support for multiple keyboards and mice!
- Level Editor* – Create your own levels, MODs, textures and other content with the inclusion of the fully featured Serious Editor 3.5!
- Steam Workshop – Submit your content creation or download new player-created content and modifications for Serious Sam 3!
- Misc Game Options – 5 difficulty levels, quick-save, auto-save, multiple save slots, 3rd person view, co-op gameplay tweaking options, game controller support, localized with subtitles, parental blood & gore control including hippie mode, various color schemes, tons of advanced graphics options to tweak, cheats, console, Steam trading cards, achievements, leaderboards and cloud and much, much more!
|Operating System||Windows XP or better|
|CPU||Core 2 Duo or better|
|Memory||1 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||4 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT|
AMD x1800 XL
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|