Diablo III was released May 15, 2012 by Blizzard Entertainment. The game was developed by Blizzard Entertainment. Diablo III is a sandbox action role playing game.
Diablo III is the latest installment in the popular Diablo series.
Diablo III takes place 20 years after the events of Diablo II.
Deckard Cain and his niece Leah are in the Tristram Cathedral investigating ancient texts regarding an ominous prophecy.
Suddenly, a mysterious star falling from the sky strikes the Cathedral, creating a deep crater into which Deckard Cain disappears.
The player character, known as the Nephalem, arrives in New Tristram to investigate the fallen star.
The Nephalem rescues Cain upon Leah’s request and discovers that the fallen object is actually a person.
An enhanced quest system, a random level generator, and a random encounter generator are used in order to ensure the game provides different experiences when replayed.
As in Diablo 2, Diablo 3 offers a hardcore mode with additional player customizations. Players much achieve level 10 before they can create a hardcore character.
Artisans are NPCs who sell and craft.
Followers are NPC allies that can accompany the player throughout the game world.
- Five new character classes, including the otherworldly Witch Doctor, or with re-imagined warriors from Diablo’s past, like the powerful Barbarian
- The Witch Doctor is a new character reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer
- Experience a new approach to in-game health as the previous reliance on mana and potions is appended by resource types unique to each class, as well as health globes
- Sell unique items found within the game for in-game gold or real money via online Auction House functionality
- The new Rune System in which skills and abilities are now automatically unlocked as you level
- 1-on-1′ dueling system coming into play.
- The Barbarians will have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal based on the use of their incredible physical prowess.
- In single player quests utilize up to three AI followers, from three different classes who can be equipped with basic items and leveled up