Dirt Showdown was released on May 23, 2012 by Codemasters who also developed the game. Dirt Showdown is a automotive racing simulator. This game was delisted on Steam on February 28th, 2017 and it was also with drawn for the consoles as well.
DiRT Showdown actual not bad at all. It is definitely shorter than other DiRT games in the franchise, but it is probably the most fun and immersive. The tracks are rehashes of tracks from other games in the series (you might recognize them if you’ve played any of the other games).. The single player took me a little while, but it was so much fun
Some consider this game as the successor of Dirt 3. However, Showdown is more a spinoff, that has nothing to do with the other Dirt games besides the ‘Dirt’ name. That being sad, I think this game is really good in what is does. Just mindless ‘demolition derby like’ fun. The car handling is just right for this type of game in my opinion.
We realize it can be a challenge to come up with a new idea for car racing but Codemasters has done much better than expected with Showdown.
Racing with friends on a dirt track can be lots of fun. Which is one of the natural born features for racing games.
The game features Steamworks with achivements. The game also supports a controller.
- Experience a new world of full impact, no-holds-barred action sports racing
- Push pedal to metal at iconic locations– Miami to London, San Francisco to Tokyo and more
- Wow the crowds at unsanctioned, hyper-energised events with a festival vibe
- Demolition Derby themed events, powered by racing’s most advanced damage model, deliver the ultimate in organised automotive chaos
- Trade paint and deploy nitros in high-octane race events filled with obstacles and ramps
- Show off your skills in free roaming freestyle arenas primed for automotive tricks and stunts
- Compete against your friends to reach ‘Showdown’ finals across multiple disciplines
- Dive in and drive with accessible, pick-up-and-play controls
- Prove yourself under all conditions – rain, sun, fog, and snow – in the daytime or under the lights at night in front of thousands of cheering fans
- Multiplayer overload – 8 player online races, split-screen gaming and over 10 different event types
- Send Showdown Challenges to your friends so that you can compete against them even when you are not both online.
- Use the integrated ‘Crashback’ camera to capture your most spectacular crashes and upload replays direct to YouTube
|Operating System||Windows Vista or better|
|CPU||Intel Pentium D or better|
|Memory||2 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||25 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||GTX 760 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|