Deadfall Adventures was released November 15, 2013 by Nordic Games. The game was developed by The Farm 51. Deadfall Adventures is a first person shooter
The best way to envision this game is Indiana Jones as a first person shooter. There is lots of excellent maps that really give this game that look. The Farm 51 has provided gamers with several popular games over the years.
Deadfall Adventures is a conventional action-driven first-person shooter, spiced up with elements from action-adventure games. Become an adventurer, hunt for treasures, explore unknown regions of the world and rescue the damsel in distress from the clutches of enemies, both earthly and not-so-earthly. Join James Lee Quatermain on his journey across the globe!
Like Indiana Jones or the Mummy, this game takes place in the World War II period. Its sort of a treasure hunt with this game, so the parallels are easy to draw. The development team researched popular films and also took assistance from movie industry professionals to capture the treasure hunting genre’s tone and look.
The player fights Nazi Soldiers and supernatural enemies through various environments like Egypt, Arctic and Maya ruins. The player has a compass that helps him to find hidden treasures which are optional but help in boosting health and stamina.
The player also has to avoid and overcome traps and solve puzzles which guard the traps. The player can use Allan Quartermain’s notebook which helps them to solve puzzles and overcome traps. Traps can also be used to impale enemies.
The player also carries a flashlight which helps them to traverse dark areas and fend off supernatural enemies like mummies which can only be harmed after the player focuses their flashlight to soften them up. The player can use various weapons like revolver and shotgun and can also use a knife for melee combat.
Sometimes the gameplay is as a sniper, other times its more run an gun. The puzzles make you think but they are so hard as to be impossible.
We find this game to be a standard shooter, its conventional in design. The new artwork is the game’s best feature by far.
The campaign takes about 10-12 hours to finish. There are a few bugs so you may need to backtrack or start over.
- Action -Adventure gameplay from a first-person perspective
- Set in the Quatermain-universe, created by H. R. Haggard
- Fast-paced action and intense, accurate FPS gun battles
- Adventurer equipment: compass, treasure maps, notebook and flashlight – necessary to solve ancient puzzles, find treasures and even to defeat certain types of enemies
- Puzzles that encourage you to explore the game environment and interact with it
- Environmental traps that can be used to eliminate enemies in many spectacular ways
- Exotic, picturesque locations from around the world – Egypt, Arctic and forgotten
- Mayan ruins in the jungles of Guatemala
- Compelling story faithful to the spirit of classic action-adventure movies
- 1930’s setting, including detailed weapon designs
- Unique adventurer-style multiplayer features and modes
The game features Steamworks with achievements and trading cards.
|Operating System||Windows XP or better|
|CPU||Core 2 Duo processor or better|
|Memory||2 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||6.5 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||NVIDIA 9600 GT or better|
AMD HD 3830 or better
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|
The game Unreal 3 engine.