Imagine Earth was developed and released on May 20, 2014 by Serious Brothers. Imagine earth is a simulation game. This game has been updated numerous times and this review has been updated accordingly. Updates are dropped typically every month.
In this sci-fi strategy sim you build up global civilizations on distant worlds. Harvest resources and produce goods to establish space trade. Form alliances or wage economic warfare to take over competing corporations. Do research to protect your colonists from disasters and avoid a climate crisis..
Imagine Earth has been in development for 7 years. Imagine Earth is a real-time planet simulation and a build up strategy game. Your job as a space colony manager is to explore and populate distant planets. Build up thriving and profitable colonies on a global scale and trade resources and goods into space.
You will experience a massive conflict between the profit goals of the interstellar corporations and the need to preserve living conditions for your people. Exhaust emissions and ground pollution impact the global climate as your colony is growing. Increasing temperatures melt down polar caps and your colonies are destroyed by rising sea levels.
Gameplay is not far from Simcity or maybe Cities: Skylines. It’s like a civilization-management game, I suppose you could say. It’s like a civilization-management game, I suppose you could say.Imagine Earth uses the whole planet as the building area. Climate crisis is a feature that is now widely seen in gaming. For new players the game has lots of guidance to learn how the game works.
There are 10 planets that make up the campaign part of the game. Then the player is ready to try their handy at multiplayer. Definitely worth the price if you are into colony sims.
- Global and real time world experience instead of playing on limited square maps
- Fully playable and story based campaign with 9 planets / missions
- Competition game mode to play against up to 5 other AI factions with individual agendas
- Over 50 constructs with more than 80 individual upgrades
- Diplomacy and trade with local colonies and space traders
- Tower defence with energy shields and lasers against space pirates, alien invaders and locusts
- Development and research system for advanced and sustainable technologies
- Share market for refinancing and hostile takeover of opponent cities and colonies
- Freeplay mode with a procedural planet generator for endless worlds and challenges
- Planet Editor for terraforming, building and customizing individual planets which can be saved and shared
- Global climate simulation of local pollution and worldwide emissions and melting polar caps and disasters
- Disasters: Chemical spills, oil slicks, radioactive contamination, wildfires, tornadoes, volcanoes, dying forest and growing deserts, alien and robotic invaders, etc.
|Operating System||Windows 7 x64 or better|
|CPU||Intel i5-6500k or better|
|Memory||4 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||1 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||HD 520 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|
This game runs much better with a GTX 660 or better video card.