Grid 2 was released on May 27, 2015 by Codemasters who also developed the game. Grid 2 is an automotive racing game.
The game includes numerous real world locations and cities such as Paris. It also includes motor vehicles spanning four decades. In addition, it includes a new handling system that developer Codemasters has dubbed ‘TrueFeel’, which aims to hit a sweet spot between realism and accessibility. Races do not include a first person cockpit view. The popular gamemode “Drift” was shown in a preview by Codemasters.
Drivers are given some cars before some race modes, and can unlock others through other vehicle challenges. Garages can be customised by the player, using preset graphic designs adapted with colours or varying shades. Grid 2 deepens the role playing of a racing professional.
The game is centered around World Series Racing which is a highly competitive racing event that races on various tracks on various continents around the globe. It also features a mode called “LiveRoutes” where the circuit track dynamically changes with no track map.
Grid 2 features race types including Race, Time Attack, Drift, Eliminator, Checkpoint, Touge, and Vehicle Challenges.
A player starts off as a new driver who is enlisted by Patrick Callahan, an investor, to help launch the WSR by challenging drivers of racing clubs. Winning races against drivers in established clubs in North America, Europe and Asia gains more fans for the series, and leads to drivers from those clubs agreeing to join the World Series Racing.
Grid 2 takes the player into the world of car racing with an all new updated graphics engine. Grid 2 racenet allows players to get into multiplayer action.
- The race comes alive with GRID 2’s TrueFeel™ Handling system for edge-of-control exhilaration
- Prove yourself against advanced AI in aggressive, blockbuster races packed with wow moments
- Blaze your way to the top of a new world of motorsport
- An extensive and separate online campaign redefines multiplayer racing games plus full RaceNet integration
- Powered by Codemasters’ EGO Game Technology Platform for jaw-dropping damage and stunning visuals, GRID 2 sets the standard for technical excellent in racing.
- Race a handpicked selection of iconic cars that represent the best in automotive engineering from the last 40 years
- Take on challenging licensed tracks, stunningly realised city streets and lethal mountain roads
- Prove yourself by entering and winning events across three continents
- Race Immersion Technology immerses you in the race like never before
- The long-awaited sequel to the BAFTA-winning, multi-million selling Race Driver: GRID
|Operating System||Windows Vista or better|
|CPU||Pentium D 3.2 Ghz or better|
|Memory||2 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||15 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||HD 3000 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|
Does not work with a G29 wheel, only for controllers.