Monster Slayers was released on March 23, 2017 by Digerati. The game was developed by Nerdook Productions. Monster Slayers is a rogue-like strategy deck-building RPG adventure.
The developer, Nerdook, is also known Reverse Crawl and the free to play Vertical Drop Heroes. Nerdook is based in Malaysia. The developer has updated the game several times since release.
Monster Slayers is a complete reimagining of the free web-based hit of the same name, which has been played over 4 million times on gaming portal, Kongregate.
Players create a new hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose your path through the perilous Northern Valley as you follow your quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer.
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- Choose from six different classes: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Fight for your place at the top of the Monster Slayers leaderboards
- Inspired by the much-loved deck-building RPG, Dream Quest, created by Peter Whalen (Hearthstone)
For a basic card based game Monster Hunters is not bad at all. The developer has updated the game several times and the refinements are always welcome.
To start the game has a short tutorial which helps the player learn to use the cards to attack the opponent. The side scrolling is quick so there is not much delay in gameplay.
Compared to some similar games Monster Hunters is not as difficult to play which will appeal to younger players. The deck building is fairly straightforward. Your choice of class makes a big difference in what playstyles are viable, and for the most part they feel notably different from one another.
Unlike Slay the Spire you have a skill tree and equip able items that you keep between runs. While you can slowly learn more optimal deck builds the transfer of items will help you more reliably progress from run to run.
|Operating System||Windows XP or better|
|CPU||Pentium x2 or better|
|Memory||256 MB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||218 MB|
|Graphics Hardware||HD 3000 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|
The game runs at 3840×2160 fine. There are no options to change the screen resolution.