Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop was released on April 20, 2017 by Reactive Drop Team who also developed the game. Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop is an isomorphic action shooter. The original game was released in 2010.
Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop extends Alien Swarm, bringing more of everything: maps, aliens, game modes, guns… And most importantly Steam Workshop support.
This version has the same gameplay as the original Alien Swarm, the original difficulty settings have been retained. Changes to the levels have been made and an additional 7th medallion is now available. Players now have to reach level 32 to advance.
Lots of improvements compared to the original as well. Lots of weapons to play with. The same fast pace is just as riveting as before. A low lag connection is needed to play this game properly. The game does support first person which has slowly gained traction.
The game includes the Jacob’s Ladder campaign along with several additional maps properly integrated into the game.
- Tactical co-op for up to 8 players with a top-down isometric perspective
- Steam Workshop support for community maps and challenges
- New co-operative campaigns
- Challenges: Modifications of the game, just like Mutations in Left 4 Dead 2
- PvP: Deathmatch, Gun Game, Instagib, and Team Deathmatch
- Singleplayer: Play with improved bots on all our official maps
- New Aliens: HL2 antlion guards and more
- New Weapons: Desert Eagle, Devastator, and Combat Rifle, with more to come
- Over 100 Steam achievements
- Leaderboards: compete with your friends for the fastest mission completion
- Improved spectating: see hacking minigames and mouse movements in real time
The game retains the same speed runs made popular with the original. So much more in this game it has to be played to really understand it.
The level editor and the Steam SDK will make this game a mod favorite. This game features Steamworks with achievements.
|Operating System||Windows XP or better|
|CPU||Intel® Pentium IV 3.0 GHz or better|
|Memory||2 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||4 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||DX 9: 128 MB or more|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|