Intercosmos was developed and released on April 25, 2017 by Ovid Works. Intercosmos is a VR adventure game.
This game requires VR hardware to play: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or Valve Index.
Interkosmos is an arcady astronaut adventure in VR. Brace yourself for a rush of hectic gameplay to challenge your inner cosmonaut, and a fun story full of twists and Cold War absurdities.
Enter Zvezda, a fully interactive re-entry capsule heavily inspired by 1970’s space technology where every switch, gauge, and mechanical bit could be relevant to your survival.
Guide your capsule to a safe landing with assistance from NASA and Roscosmos, and pray nothing unexpected happens to your highly experimental Soviet spacecraft – now the centerpiece of a Cold War conflict rapidly escalating towards catastrophy.
The game is rather tricky to handle a real spacecraft and Intercosmos has managed to capture the reality quite well.
- Accessible, fun & challenging gameplay. Interkosmos is unlike any other VR game to date.
- A fully interactive and sort-of-realistic-looking space capsule that reacts to your every interaction. It’s time to become the astronaut you always wanted to be!
- A heavy emphasis on story and humor.
- A unique aesthetic inspired by 1970s space technology and the Cold War theme.
- Replayability; Each successful playthrough offers about 30 minutes of gameplay, but how many ways can you find to die during re-entry?
- A branching storyline; the fate of the world is in your hands!
- Great sound effects, super satisfyingly clicky buttons, professional voice acting, & binaural sound design.
- Interkosmos is made with Unreal Engine 4.
On easy mode, you just follow the linear course of events, and working the fiddly life-support system quickly becomes frustrating. On hard mode, you need to think and work fast but also carefully to learn how to fly the spaceship without breaking it or running out of time.
|Operating System||Windows 10 x64 or better|
|CPU||i5 or better|
|Memory||8 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||739 MB|
|Graphics Hardware||GTX 970 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|