The Gigabyte Titan Ridge is a PCIe card to provide Thunderbolt 3 support.
- Intel Thunderbolt 3 Certified add-in card
- Intel DSL7540 Thunderbolt 3 controller
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports (USB Type-C)
- 40 GB/s bi-directional bandwidth
- Daisy-chain up to 12 Devices (6 devices per port)
- Support PD3.0 standard (up to 100W)
- Dual PCIe 6-pin power ATX connector support 100W
- Displayport 1.4 capable with 8K video throughout
The card requires PCIe 3.0 performance and an electrical 4 lane slot. A pair of PCIe 6-pin cables is needed for Thunderbolt 3 power.
The card comes with a pair of mini DisplayPort cables. It also comes with one Thunderbolt cable for the motherboard.
The Titan Ridge offers an easy way to upgrade Gigabyte Thunderbolt ready motherboards with the Thunderbolt 3 connectivity without having to upgrade to a whole new system.
Delivers speeds of up to 40Gb/s. Thunderbolt 3 provides the fast connection to any dock, display and device. A single port can daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices without an additional hub or switch.
Thunderbolt is primarily an Intel technology, there is no support on AMD chipsets. From what I’ve seen the only motherboard maker for AMD that seems to be adding Thunderbolt currently is ASROCK.