The Microsoft Hololens 2 introduces a new generation for virtual reality augmented business solutions. The MSRP is $3,500.
- 4GB LPDDR4x system DRAM
- 64-GB UFS 2.17x SIMD Fixed Point (SFP) for 2D processing
- 6x Floating Vector Processor (FVP) for 3D processing
- >1 TOP of programmable compute
- 125Mb SRAM
- 79mm2 die size and 2 Billion transistors
- TSMC 16FF+ process
- PCIe 2.0 x1 at 100 MB/s bandwidth to Snapdragon 850
- USB-C charging, 2-3 hours operating time, fully functional when charging
- 15W charger needed to maintain functionality
Microsoft highlighted three main improvements made to the device: immersiveness, ergonomics and business friendliness.
The new model has a sleeker design that makes it easy to use even when eyeglasses are needed.
See more holograms at once through the greatly increased field of view. Read text and see intricate details on 3D images more easily and comfortably with industry-leading resolution. HoloLens 2 has a diagonal field of view of 52 degrees, improving over the 34 degree field of view (FOV) of the first edition of HoloLens, while keeping a resolution of 47 pixels per degree.
The hand and eye tracking are also improved. This makes the usefulness in business much more helpful.
Move freely, with no wires or external packs to get in your way. The HoloLens 2 headset is a self-contained computer with Wi-Fi (802.11ac 2T2R) connectivity, which means that everything you need goes with you while you work.
Bluetooth 5 provides support for handheld devices. Virtual reality can be augmented with a hand held controller in some scenarios.