The Xbox is far from immune from from game problems. The Microsoft forums are up to their eyeballs with problems.
Sometimes a game can be corrupted. This can be fixed:
- Press the Xbox icon button to open the guide.
- Select My games & apps > See all > Games, then select the Ready to install tab.
- Select Queue.
- Select the content that you’re trying to install.
- Press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage game & add-ons or Manage app.
- Select the game or app.
- Select Uninstall all.
- Select Uninstall all to confirm.
Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and cold start the console. This way the machine will be in a known stable state. To reinstall the game(s):
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select My games & apps > See all > Games.
- Select the Ready to install tab.
- Select Install.
CHECK YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS
Fix the networking can also recouvrer some game crashes. Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.
CHECK YOUR ACCESS POINT
- port 88 (UDP)
- port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- port 80 (TCP)
- port 500 (UDP)
- port 3544 (UDP)
- port 4500 (UDP)
The access point settings call these port forwarding. Make sure the appropriate protocols are forwarded to the Xbox IP address. Ordinarily the console should be able to setup the access point with UPnP. A new access point usually has more automatic features to make gaming better generally. The latest 802.11ax models are excellent.
CHECK THE VIDEO SETTINGS
SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> TV AND DISPLAY OPTIONS -> ADVANCED -> VIDEO MODES -> UNTICK AUTO HDR
XBOX SUPPORT LINKS
- About system updates on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One | Xbox Support
- Problems with Xbox achievements and challenges | Xbox
- Troubleshoot issues with an Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support
- Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support
- Troubleshooting Game Issues on Xbox | Xbox Support
- Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads | Xbox Support
- Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support
- UPnP Not Successful” appears in your network settings | Xbox Support
- Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support
- Check Xbox Status
While drastic, doing a factory reset of the console may resolve some problem. Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.