The Xbox is far from immune from from game problems. The Microsoft forums are up tot heir eyeballs with problems.
Sometimes a game can be corrupted. This can be fixed:
- Press the Xbox icon button to open the guide.
- Select My games & apps > See all > Games, then select the Ready to install tab.
- Select Queue.
- Select the content that you’re trying to install.
- Press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage game & add-ons or Manage app.
- Select the game or app.
- Select Uninstall all.
- Select Uninstall all to confirm.
Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and cold start the console. This way the machine will be in a known stable state. To reinstall the game(s):
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select My games & apps > See all > Games.
- Select the Ready to install tab.
- Select Install.
CHECK YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS
Fix the networking can also recouvrer some game crashes. Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.
CHECK YOUR NAT
- port 88 (UDP)
- port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- port 80 (TCP)
- port 500 (UDP)
- port 3544 (UDP)
- port 4500 (UDP)
The access point settings call these port forwarding. Make sure the appropriate protocols are forwarded to the Xbox IP address.
CHECK THE VIDEO SETTINGS
SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> TV AND DISPLAY OPTIONS -> ADVANCED -> VIDEO MODES -> UNTICK AUTO HDR
XBOX SUPPORT LINKS
- About system updates on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One | Xbox Support
- Problems with Xbox achievements and challenges | Xbox
- Troubleshoot issues with an Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support
- Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support
- Troubleshooting Game Issues on Xbox | Xbox Support
- Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support
- Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support
- Check Xbox Status
While drastic, doing a factory reset of the console may resolve some problem. Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.