Ultimate Zombie Defence was developed and released on December 8, 2020 by Terror Dog Studios. Ultimate Zombie Defence is an isomorphic zombie shooter.
The game has several new maps which make it more challenging but if Alien Swarm is any guide, some players go for speed runs on the hardest settings.
In Ultimate Zombie Defence players are a member of whatever military force is still present after the infected overran the world, and are tasked to hold out as long as possible against the endless hordes of monsters coming their way.
Each class levels on its own after completing a match with it. Greater difficulty yields more experience, which is however not shared as each player’s kill counts for themselves alone.
Other than holing up in the corner or location of choice in each map, there isn’t much else to do except killing enemies and building defenses. The game lacks random events or drops to encourage exploration, no defense upgrades, no active skills for each class either. Scraping up some cash to buy more weapons seems to be the course of action. At least the pistol has unlimited ammo.
The gameplay formula may work on its own, but results plain and without evolution in the long term, both in the single matches and global progression wise. Moreover, there also aren’t any new defenses, weapons, maps or anything else to unlock down the road.
- An extensive base building system where you may place objects such as chain link fences, sandbags, barbed wire, concrete barriers, turrets, mines, fog lights and other military-grade components!
- Apocalypse proof weapon selection from the classic pump shotgun to the flamethrower, grenade launcher, mini-gun and many, many more!
- Epic Slow-mo that will trigger during your most impressive moments
- Unique Boss fights to challenge even the most seasoned zombie slayers
- Metal music mayhem – Rock out whilst laying waste to hordes of the undead!
- Choose between 8 unique characters to battle the army of the dead
- A variety of infected including more than 12 Unique monster types
- Cooperative gameplay for up to four players
- Solo game mode for offline play
Other than some minor problems Ultimate Zombie Defence presents a zombie action game. The easy system requirements are a real blessing.
|Operating System||Windows 10 or better|
|CPU||2.5 GHz or better|
|Memory||4096 MB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||1.14 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||HD 5000 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|