GeForce driver 460.97 is available for Windows 10 x64. This driver is 640MB which is considerably larger than earlier drivers seen 3 years ago.
FIXES AND UPDATES
- Some apps that use NVML may not detect GPU 
- Stutter may be observed with some configurations in Marvel’s Avengers 
- Lenovo Y740 may display corruption on waking from sleep 
- Some notebooks may BSOD when waking from sleep while connected to external monitor via dock/dongle 
- With HDR enabled, black levels are incorrect. 
The latest Game Ready Driver provides support for the Quake II RTX v1.4.0 update which enables support for the new Vulkan Ray Tracing extensions. Now, any GPU with support for Vulkan Ray Tracing can experience Quake II RTX in all its path-traced glory!
Please note: Windows 8.1×64 is not supported on Ampere RTX 30, Turing GeForce RTX 20 and GeForce GTX 16 series graphics cards. Windows 10 is the current operating system and you should install it now.
- [Nicehash, other mining software]: Mining software does not recognize the NVIDIA GPU. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti]: The desktop screen may flicker. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. 
- [HDR]: With HDR enabled, black levels are incorrect. 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings.  To workaround, either launch the game in windowed mode directly or disable G-SYNC.
- [GeForce RTX 3070][Clone Mode]: When the resolution is set to 2560×1440 @ 144Hz, the performance state is stuck at maximum performance. 
- [NVIDIA Turing or later][Windows Movies and TV Player]: When playing a 4k video in fullscreen mode on a 2560×1440 HDR monitor, the video extends beyond the edge of the screen. 
- Detroit: Become Human may randomly crash during gameplay 
nVidia has seen many reports over problems with Gears 5 and they posted on their forum that they want GeForce users to report any issues found. Grand Theft Auto 5 crashes are being discussed with the game developer to fix the problems.
Some reports of slower performance can be corrected with DDU or resetting windows.
- DLSS in Cyberpunk 2077 does not seem to be working.
- Freelancer unplayably slow
- Quake II RTX crashed to desktop and froze the machine requiring hard reset.
DRIVER TEST MACHINE
|Chassis||Cooler Master HAF 932|
|Motherboard||MSI X57-A PRO|
|CPU||AMD Ryzen R5 3600|
|Memory||G.Skill Flare X DDR4-3200 4x8GB|
|Storage||Intel 665p 2048 GB M.2 NVMe SSD|
|Graphics Hardware||EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Black Edition|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64|
|Network||DOCIS 3 cable internet|