GeForce driver 461.09 is available for Windows 10 x64. This driver is 646MB which is considerably larger than earlier drivers seen 3 years ago.
FIXES AND UPDATES
This driver handled security updates galore. Many vulnerabilities identified have been fixed and ongoing work with security vendors are all being handled by respective parties.
CVE‑2021‑1051, CVE‑2021‑1052, CVE‑2021‑1053, CVE‑2021‑1054, CVE‑2021‑1055 are all concerning NVIDIA Fermi onwards. Tesla and earlier logic they are not affected due to earlier SIMD architecture.
NVIDIA has issued updates for four branches in total: 390, 420, 450, and 460. Some of the GT 710 cards use a Fermi chip so NVIDIA had to update that driver branch to cope with the security problems. Fermi is still widely used internationally. Kepler was the first GPU to offer NVENC logic which sought to take over from the CPU which was previously widely used for video encoding and decoding.
The kernel-mode layer (nvlddmkm.dll) has a vulnerability in which a callback function attached to the DXGKDDI_ESCAPE event could result in a denial of service (DoS) attack or privilege escalation. User-mode clients can share data that way for legitimate purposes, but they had to use access legacy private APIs via that callback. Another vulnerability in the same module would incorrectly perform an authorization check when a user tries to access certain resources, leading to a different vector for another DoS attack.
The latest Game Ready Driver provides support for the Quake II RTX v1.4.0 update which enables support for the new Vulkan Ray Tracing extensions. Now, any GPU with support for Vulkan Ray Tracing can experience Quake II RTX in all its path-traced glory!
Please note: Windows 8.1×64 is not supported on Ampere RTX 30, Turing GeForce RTX 20 and GeForce GTX 16 series graphics cards. Windows 10 is the current operating system and you should install it now.
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs. 
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: HUD in the game is broken. 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings.  To workaround, either launch the game in windowed mode directly or disable G-SYNC.
- [GeForce RTX 3070][Clone Mode]: When the resolution is set to 2560×1440 @ 144Hz, the performance state is stuck at maximum performance. 
- [NVENC] Colors of webcam video image on receiving end of Skype/Teams/Zoom may appear incorrect [3205912 ]
- [Resident Evil 2 Remake/Devil May Cry V] Games which used the RE2 engine may crash in DirectX 11 mode 
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may be observed in certain locations in the game 
- [461.09] NVIDIA Broadcast Camera filter may hang.  -> To resolve this issue, roll back to the previous driver
- [RTX 30 series] PC may restart when enabling NVIDIA Surround with G-SYNC enabled on RTX 30 series 
- [Ampere] Chrome/Edge may experienece random TDR while browsing 
- PC may freeze when using Davinci Resolve  -> To resolve issue, roll back to previous driver
- [Supreme Commander/Supreme Commander 2] Low FPS after driver update 
- [Assassin’s Creed Valhalla] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay 
- Adobe Premiere Pro may freeze when using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) 
nVidia has seen many reports over problems with Gears 5 and they posted on their forum that they want GeForce users to report any issues found. Grand Theft Auto 5 crashes are being discussed with the game developer to fix the problems.
Some reports of slower performance can be corrected with DDU or resetting windows.
- The LG panel is experiencing some flickering with an HDMI cable.
- Quake II RTX crashes with RTX mode.
DRIVER TEST MACHINE
|Chassis||Cooler Master HAF 932|
|Motherboard||MSI X57-A PRO|
|CPU||AMD Ryzen R5 3600|
|Memory||G.Skill Flare X DDR4-3200 4x8GB|
|Storage||Intel 665p 2048 GB M.2 NVMe SSD|
|Graphics Hardware||EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Black Edition|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64|
|Network||DOCIS 3 cable internet|