Valheim was released on February 2, 2020 by Coffee Stain Publishing. The game was developed by Iron Gate AB. Valheim is a third person role playing game.
A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture. Battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage!
This game is set in Norse period where the day to day struggle is part of life. It also is easier to render procedurally. Your trials begin at the disarmingly peaceful centre of Valheim, but the gods reward the brave and glory awaits. Venture forth through imposing forests and snow-capped mountains, explore and harvest more valuable materials to craft deadlier weapons, sturdier armor, viking strongholds and outposts. Build a mighty longship and sail the great oceans in search of exotic lands … but be wary of sailing too far…
- Huge procedurally-generated world – explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysterious forests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
- Punishing dodge & block based combat system with a wide range of weapons
- Build & sail ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items
- Flexible house and base building system – raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more.
- Intuitive item crafting – forge the finest weapons and armour, and craft food and mead.
- Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server. If you prefer not to run a server on your PC, consider renting a server at G-Portal.
Valheim is procedurally generated which has become more common in recent years. Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. Walheim recommends playing co-op with 3-5 players. It has Dark Souls-like combat and punishment for death. Valheim combines elements from Minecraft, Rust, souls like games and even Elder Scrolls and adds a lot on top of it, to round out everything into one game which makes it feel whole and well designed.
Multiplayer is completely cooperative. The game is a player vs the environment in a classic game of survival.
It got textures like a PS1 game. The lightning is more modernesque. The soundtrack is comparatively great. It does manage not to be repetitive. This game has managed to reach 5 copies sold in the first 30 days since it was released.
|Operating System||Windows 7 x64 or better|
|CPU||Intel Core i5 or better|
|Memory||8 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||1 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||GTX 950 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|
This game is comparatively demanding due to the procedural game design. For that reason its advisable to have a powerful rig to play this title at 3840×2160.