GeForce driver 461.51 is available for Windows 10 x64. GeForce Hotfix display driver version 461.51 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 461.40 .
FIXES AND UPDATES
- [Ampere] Chrome/Edge may experience random TDR while browsing 
- [G-SYNC][Edge of Eternity/Hitman 2]: The games experience stutter and low FPS when Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windowed mode 
- Wallpaper Engine app may crash on startup or upon resume from sleep. 
- [461.40] LG CX OLED TVs (2020) are not recognized as G-SYNC Compatible displays 
- [Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may display no signal message when enabling NVIDIA Surround 
- On some Notebooks ‘Maximum Graphics Power’ information missing in NV Control Panel – System Information 
Please note: Windows 8.1×64 is not supported on Ampere RTX 30, Turing GeForce RTX 20 and GeForce GTX 16 series graphics cards. Windows 10 is the current operating system and you should install it now.
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game 
- [Supreme Commander/Supreme Commander 2]: The games experience low FPS. 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings.  To workaround, either launch the game in windowed mode directly or disable G-SYNC.
- Gears 5 may display some pixelation when Variable Rate Shading is used from within the in-game settings 
nVidia has seen many reports over problems with Gears 5 and they posted on their forum that they want GeForce users to report any issues found. Grand Theft Auto 5 crashes are being discussed with the game developer to fix the problems.
Some reports of slower performance can be corrected with DDU or resetting windows.
DRIVER TEST MACHINE
|Chassis||Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition|
|Motherboard||MSI X57-A PRO|
|CPU||AMD Ryzen R5 3600|
|Memory||G.Skill Flare X DDR4-3200 4x8GB|
|Storage||Intel 665p 2048 GB M.2 NVMe SSD|
|Graphics Hardware||EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Black Edition|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64|
|Network||DOCIS 3 cable internet|