Windows 10 KB4023057 applies to Windows Update Service components in consumer Windows 10, versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, 1909, 2004, and 20H2. It may take steps to free up disk space on your device if you do not have enough disk space to install Windows updates.
If possible. using a 120GB or larger system is ideal for Windows 10. When a Windows feature update is available for your device, you may see a message on the Windows Update settings page or elsewhere that asks you to free up disk space by removing files or applications that you do not use regularly.
To help free up disk space, this update may compress files in your user profile directory so that Windows Update can install important updates. When files or folders are compressed, they appear as having two blue arrows overlaid on the icon. Depending on your File Explorer settings, you may see icons that look larger or smaller.
This update includes files and resources that address issues that affect the update processes in Windows 10 that may prevent important Windows updates from being installed. These improvements help make sure that updates are installed seamlessly on your device, and they help improve the reliability and security of devices that are running Windows 10.
Hardcore Games strongly advises using the latest updates so that the gaming experience is at its best.
- This update may request your device to stay awake longer to enable installation of updates. Note The installation will respect any user-configured sleep configurations and also your “active hours” when you use your device the most.
- This update may try to reset network settings if problems are detected, and it will clean up registry keys that may be preventing updates from being installed successfully.
- This update may repair disabled or corrupted Windows operating system components that determine the applicability of updates to your version of Windows 10.
- This update may compress files in your user profile directory to help free up enough disk space to install important updates.
- This update may reset the Windows Update database to repair the problems that could prevent updates from installing successfully. Therefore, you may see that your Windows Update history was cleared.
Disk Cleanup can free up a lot of space. It is in the administrative tools along with several other useful tools.