Today Intel said that they taped out the compute component of Meteor Lake at 7mn. Now this will allow Intel to bring the new logic to market soon.
- Announcing manufacturing expansion plans; beginning with ~$20 billion investment to build two new fabs in Arizona
- Intel 7 nanometer process development progressing well with tape in of 7nm compute tile for “Meteor Lake” expected in the second quarter of 2021
- Announcing Intel Foundry Services with plans to become a major provider of foundry capacity in the U.S. and Europe to serve customers globally
- Announcing plans for new research collaboration with IBM
- Bringing the spirit of Intel Developer Forum event back this year with Intel Innovation event planned for October in San Francisco
Intel Meteor Lake is rumored to power the 14th Gen Core series of processors which will launch circa 2023 and will feature a 7 nm Enhanced SuperFin node.
The Meteor Lake series of processors will be Intel’s fourth product series to feature a hybrid core design and will support 600 series chipsets expected to launch later this year for 12th generation Alder Lake processors.
More on this development as it comes in.