A Way to be Dead was released on July 23, 2021 by Crania Games. The game was developed by Crania Games. A Way to be Dead is an asymmetrical multiplayer (4 vs 1) game where a bewildered doctor is on the hunt for a group of victims who are just trying to escape from a zombie infested hospital. Escape | Kill | Eat… This game has been updated since release day.
This Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work: Nudity or Sexual Content, Frequent Violence or Gore, General Mature Content
This game where the players can take on the role of Dr. Riley, the victims or even the zombies, takes place in the universe of another title developed by Crania Games, Roots of Insanity. And it provides us with the opportunity to see the events from different perspectives.
- Play as zombies, victims and Dr. Riley
- Ability to improve the character using the Skill points gained by winning sessions
- Environmental elements can cause the victims to raise a lot of noise. As victims, avoid them. As Dr. Riley, use the relevant visual and aural notifications to track down your prey!
- Multiple paths to choose to move around in the maps. As victims, scatter around using the underground tunnels safely and reach key points quickly. As Dr. Riley, lay in ambush around those key points.
- Help the other victims and escape together, or turn into a zombie and get left behind in August Valentine Hospital forever.
- Customize all the variables in a match. Duration until the lights are shut off, the amount of zombies, loot ratios, Riley’s mutation limit.
A Way to be Dead is on Steam’s Early access suggesting the game is a work in progress.
Graphics are way above average for an independant release. Gameplay is very standard but interaction in the game is still a tad rough.
The game supports LAN PvP and coop in addition to internet gameplay.
|Operating System||Windows 10 x64 or better|
|CPU||Intel i3-5020U or better|
|Memory||8 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||5 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||NVIDIA GeForce 760 or better|
AMD HD 7850 or better
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|