An update for Halo: Infinite testing was delivered as a 5.8GB download. Play testing it resulted in the game freezing. Another time the game crashed to the desktop. Needless to say there is a reason for testing as the retail game cannot be allowed to do that so 343 retains my services..
Most likely there will be more updates as 343 Industries works to get the game ready for the Q4 launch.
This update made the bot team far more difficult to kill suggesting the are still calibrating the game. The map for the 4v4 bots is fairly big so it can be easy for the game to find a safe place for respawn. Halo: MCC as problematic that way.
I was playing using the pistol only. Getting headshots, .one kill was a perfect. Same exact scenario and no perfect. The kill counted but not as a headshot on what was absolutely a headshot. In a few cases with the assault rifle I would charge and put the whole mag at medium close range on target on the face. Hit markers but the full mag would not kill. The bot would just chuck a grenade and then one tapped me with the pistol. But the grenade did not even damage me.
The preview also has some of the season features present so its possible to see a player’s progress on the leaderboards. It takes a lot of play to get on top of the leaderboard.
- AMD players should make sure the AMD Graphics Driver is version 21.6.1 or later. Earlier versions are not compatible with this version of the game and may result in significant performance and/or stability issues.
- We have a pesky bug related to Matchmaking that can result in a player being unable to join into a session, timing out, and then returning to the main menu. When this occurs, the match will proceed but you might be missing a player from your game for a brief period until another player joins-in-progress.
- We’re aware of and tracking a few different crash scenarios though the overall average failure rate is well below our targets. We’re particularly interested in getting more crash logs from a wider breadth of platforms as stability work continues internally.
- Various situations can cause stuttering, de-sync, warping, and other abnormal behavior.
- Occasionally, player scores will not appear during the victory screen at the end of the match and/or the post-game carnage report may not load after some matches.
- Rarely, a player may begin a match unable to see their own weapon and have reduced audio.
- Rarely, a player’s melee attack may not register as expected.
- Sometimes after pressing A at the title screen, Challenges, Customization, and Commerce screens take a while to appear on the main menu.