Lake was released on September 1, 2021 by Whitethorn Digital and Gamious, The game was developed by Gamious. It’s 1986 – Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown.
It’s September 1, 1986. You take on the role of forty-something Meredith Weiss, who returns from the big city to her quiet hometown. She exchanges her busy career at a software company to fill in for her dad, the local mail carrier.
During her two-week stay in beautiful Providence Oaks, Oregon, she runs into a few familiar faces as well as plenty of new folk. As Meredith, you get to decide who to talk to, who to befriend and perhaps even start a romantic relationship with.
Whatever happens, at the end of her stint she’ll have to make up her mind: return to her demanding job in the big city, or stay in the town she grew up in?
- Escape to a beautiful, rustic environment without cellphones and the Internet.
- Drive around the lake in your dad’s trusty mail truck, or let the auto-pilot do the work.
- Talk to a range of engaging characters, each with their own personalities and quirks.
- Choose after-work activities: hang out with your friends, help out your neighbours or stay home and read a book.
- Experience two weeks of branching story that doesn’t shy away from slice-of-life themes.
- Determine your own story: there are no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ answers or endings, simply what you want to happen.
The scenery in Lake is excellent. Sunrise is so beautiful. The view of the mountain and lake seems real. Wandering around the various streets shows the variety of homes is excellent and not redundant like some games out there.
The game should take 4-7 hours to complete. The game is rather linear in its design, rather than be more open world, The game is third person but this game would be fine in the first person.
Much of the action is placing packages in a doorstep and leave, The game does vary depending on the choices made in various interactions. There are no dogs or cats or other hazards that some other games offer, The game also is limited in its music selection.
|Operating System||Windows 10 x64 or better|
|CPU||Intel i5-4750 or better|
|Memory||8 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||2 GB|
|Graphics Hardware||GTX 760 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|
This game is not very big and it runs a lot better off a SSD.