Windows 11 KB5005642 applies to both the developer and beta branches. Build 22000.184.
Microsoft is positioning this release as a preview build of Windows 11. As Octuber 5 draws closer its expected that much more work to get bugs out of Windows 11. Following release the usual monthy rollups are more likely instead of the weekly updaets the beta nd deeloeprs are experiencing.
FIXES AND UPDATES
- Microsoft has fixed an issue where the new learn more section OOBE screen could not be transparent into non-English languages.
- Windows Update has addressed a bug where languages translation may not work across the UI in Windows 11.
- CVE-2021-40444 is fixed with Office 365 documents and Edge
- Microsoft is looking into reports of Windows Sandbox problems. According to the changelog, the Windows Sandbox language input switcher does not work when you click on the switch button pinned to the Taskbar. If you’re unable to switch the language in a sandbox environment, you can use hardware keyboard shortcuts instead.
- We’re investigating reports from Insiders in the Beta Channel where after upgrading to Windows 11, they are not seeing the new Taskbar and the Start menu doesn’t work. To workaround this if you are impacted, please try going to Windows Update > Update history, uninstalling the latest cumulative update for Windows, and the reinstall it by checking for updates.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue that is causing some Surface Pro X’s to bugcheck with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.In some cases, you might be unable to enter text when using Search from Start or the Taskbar. If you experience the issue, press WIN + R on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box, then close it.
- System and Windows Terminal is missing when right-clicking on the Start button (WIN + X).
- The Taskbar will sometimes flicker when switching input methods.After clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar, the Search panel may not open. If this occurs, restart the “Windows Explorer” process, and open the search panel again.
- Search panel might appear as black and not display any content below the search box.The widgets board may appear empty. To work around the issue, you can sign out and then sign back in again.
- Widgets may be displayed in the wrong size on external monitors. If you encounter this, you can launch the widgets via touch or WIN + W shortcut on your actual PC display first and then launch on your secondary monitors.
- We continue to work to improve search relevance in the Store.
- Within Windows Sandbox, the language input switcher does not launch after clicking the switcher icon on the Taskbar. As a workaround, users can switch their input language via any of the following hardware keyboard shortcuts: Alt + Shift, Ctrl + Shift, or Win + Space (the third option is available only if Sandbox is full-screened).
- Within Windows Sandbox, the IME context menu does not launch after clicking the IME icon in the Taskbar. As workarounds, users can access the functionalities of the IME context menu with either of following methods:
- Accessing the IME settings via Settings > Time & language > Language & region > (e.g., Japanese) three dots > Language options > (e.g., Microsoft IME) three dots > Keyboard options.
- Optionally, you may also enable the IME toolbar, an alternative UI, to quickly invoke specific IME functions. Continuing from above, navigate to Keyboard options > Appearance > Use IME toolbar.
Sleep mode had continued to be a problem. Shutdown has also been an inertmittant problem.
In any office product that has a link to Account such as Publisher, this can access the update process. For the life of me I do not understand why this manual update is imposed when Windows updates can handle it like it used to.