It seems that some 38TB of data has been pilfered form Twitch. It was posted on 4chan and now Twitch has indicated that the post is authentic. Evidently the entire operation has been copied lock, stock and barrel. 38TB is more than a single hard disk can handle so a fairly large scale NAS is needed to handle it all.
- The entirety of Twitch’s source code with comment history “going back to its early beginnings”
- Creator payout reports from 2019
- Mobile, desktop and console Twitch clients
- Proprietary SDKs and internal AWS services used by Twitch
- “Every other property that Twitch owns” including IGDB and CurseForge
- An unreleased Steam competitor, codenamed Vapor, from Amazon Game Studios
- Twitch internal ‘red teaming’ tools (designed to improve security by having staff pretend to be hackers)
Evidently paid streamers are not concerned about their earnings being made public.
On face of it, its simply yet another company that does not have a clue on how to protect itself from break-ins.