The season 8 Mythic update for Halo: Master Chief Collection has been released on Steam already. No news has been posted on 343 or Halo Waypoint but the update is 19.6GB which is about the same size as the beta testing from the insider testing in September.
The game is also on the Xbox One and above. The Xbox store is showing errors with the game store page suggesting it is being revamped yet agaIn.
- 100 new tiers of content for Season 8 (including brand new armor sets, back accessories, vehicle skins, techsuits, and more)
- Icebox, a Halo Online map now playable in custom games and matchmaking for Halo 3
- In-campaign collectibles for Halo 3
- Updated options for Halo 3: ODST Firefight as well as Sentinels as an enemy type
- Custom Game Browser (CGB) support for Halo: CE and Halo 3CGB additions for H:CE and H3
- New Campaign Collectibles
- Bug fixes to Halo 2
- Mod tools for H2/H3
- And so much more