Food Decisions was released on November 2, 2021 by FIT Talent Games. The game was developed by BP. Food Decisions is an educational game for healthy nutrition. Explore food in a lab, a restaurant, a supermarket, a kitchen, and more. Battle your friends in mini games like Food Olympics and Health Chess. Live a day in an open world and get feedback on your diet at the end of the day.
How can you eat healthier? Explore food in a lab and choose healthier in a restaurant, a supermarket & your kitchen. Battle with your friends in mini games like Food Olympics and play Health Chess.
- Food Decisions is a learning platform for teachers and nutritionists to add playful exercises to their courses.
- Lessons explain basic concepts like reducing added sugar or consuming more fiber.
- Exercises practice the lesson content in simulated real-life situations like a restaurant, a supermarket or a kitchen.
- Mini games reinforce the learning, adding playful and competitive elements.
- Open world allows the players to (virtually) eat where they want and what they like for a whole day – with detailed health feedback at the end of the day.
- Learning button provides in-game knowledge boosts, for example providing a ranking of all choices from the previous round.
- Instructor mode enables teachers and nutritionists to play customized games with their group, freely selecting the places and challenges.
- Trophies track the learning progress by player. Players choose the sequence of the levels they play.
- Learning status collects the player’s performance across games by topic. This helps to focus learning activities.
- Learning links provide further content related to each game, including TED talks and scientific articles.
- Settings allow a customization of food labels.
- Views allow to change the camera position (1st and 3rd person) and the player’s avatar.
The main gameplay is to compare the values and select the food needed for the task. Generally speaking, this game is boring, but it taught me a lot of common sense. Lets players realize the importance of healthy diet. The idea of the game itself is quite good but the execution of it needs quite a lot of polish in general, every aspect of the game feels really rushed in every way.
|Operating System||Windows 10 x64 or better|
|CPU||Quad core or better|
|Memory||8 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||500 MB|
|Graphics Hardware||GeForce GTX 670 or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|