Scarlet and Blank was released on November 4, 2021 by Jeliko. The game was developed by Jeliko. An award-winning, fully-voiced sound novel. In 1888 in Yoshiwara, the pleasure district of Tokyo, a man meets a woman. Soon after, the illustrious escort Hakuhi dies. So begins a tale of the events leading up to her death, told from the perspective of two men with nothing in common.
Please note this game contains text-only references to slavery, physical abuse, child abuse, depression, mental and physical illnesses, suicide, death, and grief. It does not contain any explicit content.
Intricate scene descriptions and calming voice-over work allow you to relax into the story. Every chapter advances the story little by little, gradually deepening your knowledge of the two heroes as well as Hakuhi. The attraction and fear the men feel toward Hakuhi, and her monologue about her solitude, paint clear pictures of their relationships. The illustrations, music, voice over, and other elements work in harmony to make it easy to imagine Yoshiwara in Hakuhi’s absence. Everything comes together to produce a fine work that draws you all the way to its conclusion.
- In 1888 in Yoshiwara, the pleasure district of Tokyo, a man meets a woman. Soon after, the illustrious escort Hakuhi dies, her throat slit by a gilded silver hairpin.
- So begins a tale of the events leading up to her death, told from the perspective of one man who loves her and another who hates her more than life itself.
- Winner of the gold medal in the Sound Novel category of the 14th Freem! Game Awards.
- Please be aware that as a sound novel, this game is like an illustrated drama CD. It has only one route and there are no choices to be made while reading.
- The main story includes a prologue and epilogue and is fully voiced. A bonus chapter which unlocks after clearing the main game is partly voiced.
- I am normally not into these visual novel kinda games. But this one hit different, probably because it’s something that people has experienced, or at least i have.
The only real problem is that the story is to short to really develop the characters.
|Operating System||Windows 7 or better|
|CPU||Intel Celeron or better|
|Memory||1 GB or more|
|Hard Drive Space||256 MB|
|Graphics Hardware||Integrated or better|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection Required|